There are times that almost all vehicles require a clutch repair or clutch replacement due to various reasons. As much as we ponder over to take care of the clutch as it is one of the most sensitive parts of a vehicles, there is still at some point in time that one needs to go for a clutch replacement or a repair. I am sure most of us know that a good quality clutch kit price is something that is more on the expensive side which is why we are here to guide you about how much should you pay for getting such a change done on your vehicle.
Well, if your vehicle requires such an upgrade where you probably need a clutch repair or replacement, one should know about the basics and thorough understanding about the procedure and the costs involved in it. To make it clearer to you and give you basics on what factors do the price of clutch kits repair and replacement depend on, we have narrowed it down for you.
- The model and make of car that you own.
2. The type of vehicle that you have.
3. The way you use your vehicle.
4. What areas do you specifically drive your car to.
5. If any new parts are used or not?
6. If any remanufactures parts have been used earlier or not?
7. Whether all parts need a replacement or just the clutch friction specifics.
8. Labor costs
To give you an estimate, the repairing costs of an existing Honda Civic clutch kit usually falls between the range of 500$ to 2500$, as it mostly depends on the car type. Exotic cars, race cars, performance cars and European cars are such types which are considered to be more expensive when it comes to clutch repair or replacement as opposed to the typical Japanese cars. Even if you own a four wheel drive, they also have expensive cost of repair of clutches than the regular two wheel drive. However, regardless of the factors that define the cost of clutch repairing process, a typical clutch job should include the following areas to work upon;
- Clutch disk replacement
2. Releasing of pilot bearing
3. Replacement of re-surfing of flywheel
Lastly, when you have your clutches repaired or replaced, you should keep the below things in mind;
- Warranty: a good quality clutch offers a warranty for up to 3 years.
2. Parts: all the parts that are involved in the replacement process should be new so that they work for a longer time.
3. Transmission service: replacing the transmission and engine fluids while the transmission is removed is something that should be done during the process in order to save cost.